Web Design Company FAQs
A custom website design company plans and develops websites tailored to the client's unique requirements, to create a digital presence for brands, with a goal of driving awareness, engaging visitors and generating leads or sales.
- A personalized strategy to help you meet your goals
- On-brand messaging to effectively communicate your company’s unique value proposition
- Wireframing to show the layout and features of landing pages
- UX and UI design
- Frontend and backend development
- Quality assurance
- DevOps for assisting with hosting and server configuration
- Some custom web design companies also offer marketing services to attract qualified visitors
For custom websites, the cost is based on the amount of time and experts needed to complete the project. Your potential partner should give you a clear estimate up front about the final cost of your web design project.
White Lotus’s team of leading industry experts works through a strategic and proven process to create superior web designs for clients, designed for each unique brand's industry, target audience and offering.
By partnering with White Lotus, you can expect transparent communication with regular reporting, detailed time tracking, and streamlined execution. We treat your project as our own and we create websites that leave a lasting impression and provide measurable results.
At White Lotus, we take a five-step approach to designing and developing a website:
- Digital Strategy: The Digital Strategy begins with a kickoff call, where the project team leader starts a discovery phase process with the client. We then proceed with an in-depth overview of the business model and the client’s digital marketing goals. At this stage, we perform competitive research and analysis to gain a deep understanding of the market, and identify the client’s competitors, their industry landscape as well as analyzing website performance.These insights are then used to define the brand’s unique value proposition, target audience and personas, outline a data-driven conversion funnel, and conduct a comprehensive keyword researchAdditionally, we define CMS capabilities and document key performance indicators.
- Messaging & Planning: During the website planning and messaging phase, the insights gained from the digital strategy process are used to create an effective web design plan and engaging messaging for the website.At this stage we optimize messaging for header sections to showcase unique value proposition and we identify the users’ needs to help us strategically plan the journey of the conversion funnel, while also defining strong and diverse CTA’s that will engage users throughout their journey.
- Site architecture & wireframe creation: The first step of this phase is UX Design, where UX experts use the website plan as a guideline to create wireframes.The custom wireframe serves as a blueprint for the website that illustrates the content layout and user-flow without any distracting elements, such as color, images, or motion graphics.We then define the CMS Back-end structure and create a functionality specification document for the designs and developers which ensures they have a strict guide throughout the design and development process.
- Creative design & mockup iteration: At this stage, our award-winning designers add color and imagery, define typography, and apply any additional elements to wireframes.Both desktop and mobile designs are then shown to the client for feedback and approval.The approved design is then converted into a style guide and passed on to the development team.The client is also provided with a link to InVision, where they can access and review all the designs, and download them at any time.
- Development, quality assurance, testing & launch At the development stage, White Lotus dedicates a collaborative team of expert front-end and back-end developers to build fully custom solutions while maintaining the previously defined visual aspects.The website is reviewed on multiple browsers and tested on multiple devices, including desktop, mobile and tablet to ensure its responsiveness.Lastly, we plan and customize the CMS and provide client training on the CMS so they can add and update content internally.Once the website is ready for launch, we move into the quality assurance phase where we ensure proper front-end and back-end performance and functionality. We also make sure the website is secure, loading speed is optimal, and that the code is optimized for best SEO results.
Approximately 380 new websites go live every minute and 90% of visitors bounce due to poor design. This means fierce competition for businesses. A web design agency should be focused on creating outstanding sites that capture the users’ attention.
Web design agencies should provide the design and development of your website, online ecommerce store or custom digital platform. It may be an online portfolio, a simple web presentation to showcase your services or a complete eCommerce solution with thousands of product pages and various functionalities. Regardless, every company that wants to grow online needs a partner who will provide expert opinions to help them build their website and improve their business performance.
Signs that you should consider hiring a custom web design company include:
- You need a custom website with specific needs or brand requirements
- You need complex integrations for traffic or security
- Your website is outdated and needs a unique, modern design
- You are lagging behind your competitors
- You are not achieving your expected goals
- You are not reaching your target audience
- You need help with your website but don’t know where to start